Be Mozzie Wise
How to protect yourself and your home from mosquitos
There are simple ways to protect yourself and family from mosquito bites and mosquito-borne diseases.
- Ensure you have flywire screens on windows and doors.
- Use ceiling fans and air condition to keep the air moving.
- Use yellow lights outside, these ten to attract fewer mosquitos than ordinary lights.
- Use insect nets over prams and cots.
- Cover as much skin as possible.
- Use insect repellent.
PREVENT MOSQUITO BREEDING
In the warmer months, a small amount of water such a puddle has the potential to breed more than 1000 mosquitos each week.
- Change birdbath and pet bowl water.
- Remove rubbish that collects water.
- Clean clogged gutters.
- Maintain pools and pool covers.
- Repair dripping taps or leaky pipes.
- Control runoff from sprinklers and don’t overwater.
DID YOU KNOW? There are about 100 species of mosquitos in Western Australia.
More information at SERCUL