Aircraft Noise, the environment and social issues
Helping to fix aircraft noise, environmental and social issues
- As Parliament’s only former ward of the state, helping lead the apology to the forgotten Australians and the victims of forced adoptions.
- Delivering the Perth Noise Improvements package including the night time noise respite trial, preferred runways, and smart tracking measures.
- Securing a public inquiry into Airservices Australia’s role in aircraft noise changes and introducing the Moylan-Irons Bill to parliament, eventually voted down 68-67
- Achieving more funding for our environment in the Canning Wetlands in Wilson and Ferndale, including pioneering the unique $1m Swan-Canning River Recovery Program to tackle hydrocotyl- and delivering it with a local steering group.
- Working with community groups on the reduction of Homeswest concentration in Rivervale.
- Establishing his own green army of volunteers to help local groups with environmental action.
Campaigns in Progress
- Campaign for an Aircraft Noise insulation scheme by ANEF review.
- Campaign for National Redress Scheme on behalf of Forgotten Australians